Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cheesecake Brownies make the world go round.

I'm not much of a baker, however, after having my baby in September, I have grown a new love for all things sweet. Cheesecake has always been my favorite splurge. And who doesn't love chocolate? I've never made a homemade cheesecake, thats what the Cheesecake Factory is for, but if its as easy as this recipe, I think I can, I think I can.

I found this recipe one day while searching around on some of my favorite blogs. You can find the recipe here: Cheesecake Brownie Recipe

First you make the brownie mix. Any recipe that calls for chopping chocolate gets my vote. When you slide your knife through it and here that chocolate crunch, I like it. When I was a kid I use to prop up my parents video recorder and would tape myself cooking in the kitchen. I remember chopping up Hershey bars for smores. I was never shy talking into the camera :) I would even put all my ingredients in little bowls. Cleanup was a B.
So pretty!
You melt the chocolate and add sugar. (and some other ingredients)
The cheesecake mixture was super duper easy! Its just cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla. I didn't have Castor sugar, so I just used regular. I'm curious if it would have made a difference.
Now for the best part, the swirling of the two! I love when I get to feel like a chef and an artist all in one day :)
So purdy!
My in-laws came over the next day and I sent them home with these cheesecake brownie yummies. They called the next day to say they were the best brownies they had ever had. Now, I'll admit, I'm all about a brownie in a box mix, but these were very easy and after gaining the praises of my in-laws, I will make these again. I even printed the recipe. Go me.

1 comment:

JMW said...

Whoa, I think I need to have one of those now. Delicous! By the way, I don't think I congratulated you on the arrival of your baby! How wonderful. Happy New Year to you and yours!