Saturday, May 15, 2010

Not one thing about food...just some other fun!

I only have 10 days until summer break and the days could  not be going by any slower. I'm really looking forward to this summer because this is the first summer that I'M NOT WORKING! Teaching has its ups and downs, with summer break being my favorite up! I plan on continuing to get the nursery ready for Baby Finn. We are having a blast turning our old office into a simple, rustic-contemporary home for our new addition. We are 6 months pregnant and I can truly say, I LOVE being pregnant. I have loved every minute of it. Now I know that being pregnant in Alabama in the summer sounds like H-E-double hockey sticks, but I am more than happy to take the challenge! 

We found our crib at Pottery Barn.
As for the baby bedding, my sister in law told  me about a website that I have fallen in love with. If you haven't shopped at Layla Grayce, you should. I love it. They have all kinds of goodies for the home and for baby.
We are using an antique cabinet with a gray-blue marble top for the changing table. This has been in my family for years. Its my favorite piece I own!
 

Thats all for now! I'm off to the kitchen to come up with a new recipe for Key Lime Pie Pops. Stay tuned for more...

5 comments:

Lauren said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a fantastic journey! I love your baby finds so far! I taught b/f children and my first non-working summer was when I was expecting #1! It was the absolutely BEST summer ever! Enjoy! And I love the name! I also cannot wait for a yummy key lime recipe!

Mary said...

It's always wonderful to read about baby preparations. I found your blog by chance but will be back as often as I can. I had planned only to say hello but was lured by some of your earlier posts and stayed far longer than I had intended. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Haven and Home said...

Can't wait to see it! We didn't make it to the Music Festival but I wish we had!

Mary said...

Just popping back in to tell you how delighted I am that you came to visit. I do hope you'll come often. Blessings...Mary

Velva said...

You are going to have so much fun this Summer fixing up the new baby room. I ams ure your list of things to do is a mile long.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your journey into motherhood.

btw, I heard that you were planning to make sure that little Finn was a gator fan, is that true? :-)