Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chobani Greek Yogurt

In the past, I would not call myself a yogurt person, unless its TCBY or Yogurt Mountain, however, I ran into my neighbors in Publix the other day and they had a card full of Chobani yogurt.


I couldn't help but notice how they had a TON of this stuff in the buggy, so I asked about it and they said I should give it a try. I've always been able to choke down the other fat free yogurt that costs about $5.00 for 10, only because yogurt is so good for you.

I went to the dairy section and right away noticed that at $5.00 for 3 small yogurts, it is much more expensive than the other brands. I decided to try one, just to see how I like it and WOW! It was fantastic. Its creamy, but not as runny as other yogurts. Its a little grainy, but not in a bad way. I tried the 2% pineapple, and will definitely be trying the fat free versions of this tasty treat!

Here is the nutritional info for the pineapple:
Its great for gluten free diets and is full of protein and calcium. So, its pricey, its not organic, but I love it. I plan on heading to Publix and will be loading my cart up this afternoon on this cold, spring break day!

8 comments:

Fresh Local and Best said...

I adore Chobani yogurts, it is nice and creamy.

Lauren said...

I'm definitely going to look for this. I think we keep some other yogurt brands in business! YUM! :)

Velva said...

I really like chobani yogurt. At this point, it's the only yogurt I purchase when shopping. I stock up when they are on sale.

Kim said...

Hey there:D I'm with you. I've never been one to like yogurt, but I do love greek yogurt! The Chobani pineapple sounds delish.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I fell in love with Fage yogurt a long time ago and have been stuck in a rut~ You may have just dug me out!
I'll try it~

This looks like a ♥Friday Favorite♥ to me... come to the linky party
:-)

Live.Love.Eat said...

I would love to try this, the only thing that bums me out is the high sugar. 18 grams for one seems a bit high to me. I think the highest i have gone is 11g. I'll check it out though for sure.

jayandjess said...

Well isn't your blog super cute! I stumbled upon it from Michelle McAliley's page. Can't wait to steal some of your recipes!!

Susie (So Blessed) said...

You can get a 12 carton pack at Sam's Club for less than $12. 3 Strawberry, 3 Peach and 3 Blueberry. I love this yogurt!