Monday, November 2, 2009

Where's the beef? RIGHT HERE!!


I have been a busy bee this last week. I've cooked for a lot of people, but they are all wanting the same thing...CHILI. I have made 6 gigantic pots of chili for my clients this week so I haven't had much to post about. My chili is good, but I didn't figure my blog friends would want to see anymore chili pics. So, last night, after a fun filled Halloween weekend, Wes came over for his Meals by Misty fix and I made flank steak sandwiches on garlic toast with Gouda, tomatoes, arugula, avocado and red onion. I served these up with Sweet Corn and Balsamic and Garlic Asparagus. 
 
I did cook the asparagus a little longer than I like, but the flavor was perfect. I sauteed them with butter, balsamic vinegar, black pepper and sea salt.  I added a splash of lime juice right before I served them and the lime and salt really brought out the flavor of the asparagus.

Meaty Misty decided to grill a flank steak, which is a cut of beef that I don't use enough. It has insane flavor, is inexpensive and if marinated right and grilled medium rare, its super tasty.

 
I put a little bbq sauce on mine and we all spread on a good amount of avocado on the toast. It was an easy meal, which after my crazy Halloween weekend, was perfect!

10 comments:

Willoughby said...

That looks delicious! I never think to make steak sandwiches, but I really should.

Fresh Local and Best said...

I'd love to see your chili recipe, more to share! The flank steak looks fab!

Kim said...

That is a whole heck of a lot of chili!! I bet it is delicious :D Sounds like flank steak sammies were yummy and full of fresh flavors.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Misty~ that looks delish!

JMW said...

Mmmm, that looks amazing! When chili is being served, you know it's comfort-food season. We've already made a couple of large pots this fall.

Southern Aspirations said...

YUM. Love the flank steak, especially! I'm having an aversion to balsamic of late (perhaps not buying the right kind??) but all sounds delicious.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog- I'm having fun going through yours!!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Don't eat steak but want to start after looking at these images!
Lovely.

paula said...

so divine.

Velva said...

This rocks! I can see why your friend needs a "meal by Misty fix". I cook asparagus the same way you do but, I need to add lime juice for the finishing touch too. Great idea!

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Sounds totally delicious! I want to reach into my computer and steal that sammie.