Friday, November 6, 2009

Gahlic Brew Bread...if You Bake it, the Bag will Come!


There is something about bread that puts a smile on most peoples face. As a rule, I try and stay away from bread. However, there is an exception to every rule. I, being the non baker that I am, have been perfecting my Gahlic Brew Bread recipe and now have invented (yes, I invented this) the greatest tasting bread of all time.
Ok, here it goes...

Gahlic Brew Bread
3 cups All Purpose Flour, SIFT SIFT SIFT SIFT ( don't forget to sift it)
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Sugar
1 Bud Light
1 stick, Melted Butter
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
Optional: 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated, a pinch or 2 Cayenne Pepper

Now what?

Sift the flour and add all of the dry ingredients. Open the fridge and grab one of your husband's Bud Lights. Slowly pour it in...save a sip for your husband and then ask him for a new purse. Works like a charm.

The dough will go from bubbly to sticky.



 
I usually use my Calphalon bread pan, but when I'm baking multiple loaves (think multiple purses) I use aluminum disposable containers.

Be sure you put your pan/pans on a baking sheet. Once you add the next two ingredients, yes I saved the best for last, things can get messy.


Add the melted butter and the garlic powder to the dough and its ready to get a suntan in the oven           (375 degrees)

One hour later...


Now, go shopping for that bag you've been eyeing.
This one got my vote...

Have a great weekend!


8 comments:

Willoughby said...

Okay, you've convinced me. That looks amazing! I want to try your recipe, and I don't even need (knead) a new purse!

Have you ever tried making it as drop biscuits? I've always wanted to do that with beer bread recipes. I know it would be a little messy because of the butter, but I love the idea of it.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

So does this recipe make all three loaves? Looks great!

Carrie

Meals by Misty said...

Willoughby: You are a witty, clever gal! I am loving the knead comment :) I have tried the drop biscuits, however, I used Bisquick and they turned out Bis"BRICK" Way too hard! I will definitely try using my recipe and dropping them as mini loaves.

Carrie: No, the recipe I posted is for one large loaf. If you double the recipe, it will fill up the 2 loaf pans. Happy Baking :)

Fresh Local and Best said...

This bread looks fantastic! It must have such a nice crust because of the beer. Yum!

Kim said...

Yum- I'm total carb addict over here! This sounds delicious.

Purses are one of my very favorite things to buy. A girl can never have enough of them;D

Haven and Home said...

Oh I love all bread (I wish I didn't). This looks fabulous!

Lauren said...

I just wrote this recipe down! I've always BOUGHT beer bread mixes, but never actually made it! Great gifts!

I love the purse idea too! I'm trying that one! ~wink~

Velva said...

Love that bread recipe! This one is a keeper! The handbag too :-)