Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sliders, Salad, Taters and Dice, Oh My!


Lately it seems I've been a HUGE carnivore. I've mentioned in previous posts that we like meat. Here is yet another meaty Meals by Misty meal.  This weeks dinner party was a very fun one. Wes, one of our BESTEST friends, helped me in the kitchen which made the  night even more fun.
 

We used 1 lb ground sirloin, 1 lb ground beef and 1/2 lb sausage. Next, we added 4 tbl black pepper, 2 tbl sea salt, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 3 tbl Worcestershire sauce  and 2 tsp sage. Mixed it all together and rolled it into balls...

 

Now, I would USUALLY grill these, but due to rain, we pan fried them. I would have preferred them to be a little less "done" but they tasted great! I served them family style on water rolls with melted pepper jack and cheddar cheese, dill pickle, red onion, green leaf lettuce, mustard. mayo and spicy barbecue sauce.

 




Wes helped me make my own version of a Pioneer Woman recipe. We boiled red potatoes until they were almost done and then mashed them into potato rounds.


 We sprinkled on some garlic, salt, black pepper and rosemary, popped them under the broiler for about 7 minutes, and TADA...


 

Before my guests arrived, I had made up a new recipe for a cold cucumber, red onion, cherry tomato salad. I chopped everything up and added salt, pepper, fresh basil, rosemary, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. It was fantastic!



Kelly helped out in the kitchen after dinner and iced us some Roll Tide cupcakes!




We ended the night with wine and the classic shake, score and shout dice game, YAHTZEE!!


15 comments:

Fresh Local and Best said...

Misty,

I love the alliteration and sound of Meaty Meals by Misty, it's so catchy! I think you should periodically dedicate postings to this theme. I like the combination of grounded meats, so much flavor!

I've never seen mashed potato rounds, the concept is intriguing, and it looks great!

Thanks for sharing!

Christine

Kim said...

I love the way you have redone your blog- it's so cute!! I wanna come over for dinner. Your sliders look delicious AND I could really gobble up those potatoes - yum!!

NMOS said...

The sliders and salad look great. I've never tried burgers that were spherical, but those are probably pretty tasty.

Willoughby said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you'll keep coming back!

Your recipes and photos are amazing!

velva said...

You provided a great way to make sliders by rolling the meat into a meatball first-great idea! This is a perfect way to make a uniform size slider burger.
The salads look great too. Ending the night with a good bottle of wine and a dice game-Divine!

Kelly said...

Faaaabulous dinner! Thanks for having us over....oh and sorry about my confrontation with your chair - who knew I couldn't put all my weight on the back of it without gravity doing its job and taking me out.

Simply Life said...

Oh this all looks so yummy together!

Lauren said...

Girl, you make my mouth water every time I read your blog! This meal sounds delish...and looks like it is easy enough for me to try! Your evening sounds very yummy and fun! Love your recipes! Now to just TRY some out! :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a yummy party, Misty! The potatoes were an easy and fun touch!
Bravo!

Friends, Fun & Food!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Haven and Home said...

Oh my gosh, please come cook for me!

***Holly*** said...

The potato rounds sound yummy! :)

Lynda said...

Love the sliders and the potatoes; I've done the red potatoes this way and they are delicious!And the fresh veggie salad looks delicious...great food!
Thanks for stopping by my blog; I'll be back for more of your tasty fare!

for the love of a house said...

These look delish! We go through carnivore phases around here too! Don't you sometimes feel plain sorry for vegans?!!
Happy to find your blog (from Haven & Home)! And a "Southern" food blog- now that's the best!
nice to meet you!
joan

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joey said...

you can't beat a good ball of meat!