Monday, October 19, 2009

I yam what I yam!


Popeye the sailor man would definitely be proud of my Spinach and Cream Cheese Roasted Chicken dish I made this week. I kept it Gluten free and low in fat. That isn't always an easy task. I am going to apologize in advance for showing a picture of a raw chicken boob. I can't stand dealing with chicken. I love cooking it, but HATE cleaning it!


I sauteed whole spinach leaves in olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. The chicken marinated in A LOT of minced garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar (overnight). I stuffed the bird with the spinach mixture and roasted it in the oven for about 45 minutes, 375 degrees.


I served it with Sauteed Green Beans and Pecans and Baked Sweet Taters.




The Barnes (one of my weekly clients) raved about the meal. So, all in all it was a good day.


TOOT TOOT

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love the new font on your blog. It's so cute! This sounds like a great meal. I'm with you on cleaning chicken, it's not my favorite.

Fresh Local and Best said...

Sauteing spinach is one of my favorite ways to prepare the leafy green. I also like to marinate my chicken with lots of garlic. Great job!

smerylb1 said...

This looks absolutely wonderful! I might have to change my reward dinner from poppy seed chicken to spinach stuffed chicken. 3 1/2 pounds to go!

paula said...

looks amazing.

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

This meal looks wonderful! We eat a lot of chicken - so I will being trying this recipe soon. Thanks for visiting my blog :)