Sunday, October 4, 2009

Beef, its whats for dinner. (filet mignon wrapped in bacon)

We have been getting so much rain here in Alabama that I have had to resort to cooking more meals inside than what I'm used to. I made Filet Mignon for Joey and I even wrapped it up for him like a present. I wrapped in a bacon bow. It was lovely.

I like to season pretty much any beef I cook with the basics: olive oil, salt and pepper. Letting the beef come to room temperature is important too. It keeps your steak from shocking, and getting tough.

When cooking inside, get your cast iron or stainless pan piping hot, and pop a little or a lot of butter in.


Lay your bacon wrapped filet in the pan and start singing that MC Hammer song..You Can't Touch This. Dance around your kitchen, have a sip of wine, boil some water for your whole wheat pasta, but whatever you do, DON'T TOUCH THIS! Give it a full two or three minutes before you flip it over. This guarantees that you will have a perfect, crunchy sear on the top. Then, flip it over, do the MC Hammer around your kitchen a couple times, and wait another two or three minutes. Wrap your hunk of beef in some foil, wrap that bad boy up tightly!

Add some salt and your pasta to the boiling water. Toss some onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, squash, zucchini and whatever other veggies float your boat, all in the same pan you used to cook your steaks. All the yummy, crunchy steak bits are hanging out on that pan, begging to be used!

Add a tablespoon of minced garlic, about a half a cup of heavy cream or milk, and stir until it boils. Drain your pasta and add it to the pan.

Toss it all around really good, top it with some fine Parmesan cheese, add a little crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, and its done!

I added a salad, and dinner was served! Bon Appetit!


2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm picturing you dancing around to McHammer :D Remember those parachute pants - yikes!! I'm also tickled with your comment on my post about the deserted island. Can you imagine that? Bobby Flay, T Flow, and a kitchen...what fun would that be? I love this meal. The filet looks very luscious!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

And now another rainy Monday...

The vision of you doing the MC Hammer is toooo much!