Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pasta Pasta (Gluten Free Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna)

One of my favorite clients is the Barnes family. They have 4 boys and the youngest has Celiac disease, which is an allergy to wheat. I have really enjoyed researching gluten free recipes and its been fun coming up with my own dishes that are wheat free. I cook dinner for this family once a week and the boys always request my lasagna. Its easy to keep it healthy for the whole family by using rice noodles rather than the standard pasta.

I really need to start writing down my recipes. Its hard remembering what all I put into each creation, especially when its midnight and I'm having some vino. This recipe however, is an easy one for me. Its a bunch of dumping. My mom calls me a dump truck. I'm known for dumping a little this and a little that into my Italian dishes, and in my purses. The sauce isn't complete without spinach, mushrooms and a glass of wine (any good red wine...I just dump my glass in and crank up the heat.) This veggie pic almost looks like a face. Interesting.


A few of the boys do not share my love for ricotta, so I heated some cream cheese and used it as my glue at the bottom of the dish.
I made Joey and I a mini pasta dish and at his request, full of gluten. Instead of lasagna, we used Penne pasta.
I added a salad...
and Voila!!!! The first is with gluten, the second without.


1 comment:

Haven and Home said...

As I am reading this I am starving and this is not helping things. That looks sooooo good!!!!!