Monday, September 28, 2009

I want bacon! (Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin)

I've wrapped just about everything in bacon one time or another. Bacon is good. Plain and simple, GOOD! I, just like every other woman on Earth, try to keep my fat and calories down, but there is no turning down this fantastic strip of pig. One of my best sellers is my Spiced Pork Loin wrapped in Bacon. Its pork wrapped in pork. How sweet it is!

I brine the pork overnight and then marinate it with olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, ginger and salt and pepper. After marinating for a minimum of 4 hours (overnight is best), I wrap the loin in bacon and sear it in a blazing hot skillet with butter.

After searing, I put the skillet in the oven until the pork loin reaches 140 degrees. Its important to let it rest for about 10 minutes before you slice it. Note the above picture is missing the bacon. Where the heck did it go?

There it is! It might not be the same bacon that I started out with, but that is beside the point. I sliced the pork and served it on a fresh loaf of toasted sour dough bread. I spread some avocado on the bread and added grilled tomatoes, crisp bacon, romaine, grilled onions and Havarti cheese.

It was good to the last crunch!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your blog and the design - very cute. Pork loin wrapped in bacon sounds delicious!

paula said...

this sounds delicious.

smerylb1 said...

Oh my gosh! That looks and sounds like the best sandwich ever! My 5 point weight watchers lunch isn't looking so appetizing now

Lauren said...

I must try this! My father-in-law is a farmer (and has pigs); therefore, my family loves pork (except me). I've only tried a pork loin one time and I cracked my dish. If you have any more wonderful tips for this beginner, I would love them! :) ;)

Your recipes look amazing! I just love your blog!

Amanda said...

Oh boy. Pork is my weakness. I've dabbled in vegetarianism and every single time I fall off the wagon due to a pig.

They're cute and smart, but they taste too darn good.

Off to the market to buy a fat pig...

NMOS said...

Bacon wrapped anything sounds good.