Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos with Cream Cheese

I have wrapped bacon around a lot of things in my life, but for some reason, the heat from jalapenos go so well with crunchy, smokey bacon. This is one of the ways I enjoy making them, but this recipe is like a blank bacon canvas. You can add herbs, veggies or whatever else you'd like in order to make them your own.
You will need:
Bacon
Cream Cheese
Fresh Jalapenos
Toothpicks
Balsamic Vinagar
Soak your toothpicks in water while you prep your jalapenos and cream cheese. This will prevent them from burning on your grill. I like to put my cream cheese and bacon in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes before slicing them. This makes the knife much easier and cleaner to slice. Slice your cream cheese is cubes and slice your bacon in half. Pull the seeds and the white rib out of the pepper, this will make your peppers much more mild. Slice your peppers in fourths. Add a cube of cream cheese in each pepper and wrap them in half pieces of the bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Marninate the bacon wrapped jalapenos in balsamic vinagar for about 30 minutes. Grill until the bacon is cooked throughout. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

for the love of a house said...

Love these! Make PW's version. Then I drizzle them with real maple syrup!
The idea to marinate them in the balsamic vinagar sounds very interesting, I'll have to try that! What would you say that does to the flavor? In fact I have the ingredients in my frig right now, been meaning to make them for a week now;)!
joan